I wanted to give everyone a quick update regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. After discussion with both Amy Linsemier and Nicholas Linsemier, we are all in agreement that it's in everyones best interest to pause all memberships as of Saturday, March 21st. Once we are able to resume operations, memberships will be resumed at that time.
I am still hoping to record a few videos so you have someone else to look at other than Mike Mahaffey 😉 ... See MoreSee Less
With Michigan schools being closed starting this upcoming Monday for three weeks, I feel the responsible thing to do as part of the same community is to follow suit and close the academy.
Starting immediately, normally scheduled classes and open mats will be canceled for roughly two weeks until Monday, March 30th. We may extend the closure further based on recommendations at that time from the CDC, state, and local government.
We understand that the closure will come at a personal cost and, if requested, will add time to existing memberships or offer students some additional one-on-one targeted instruction in the future as time permits.
I know this will be an unpopular decision, but my intuition is telling me this is the right thing to do. This is the same intuition that I have relied on successfully growing the Magic Brazilian Jiu Jitsu community for the last 10+ years.
We appreciate all of our members and value your input. Feel free to direct any questions or concerns that you may have to email@example.com.
-Matthew Linsemier and Staff
#magicbjj #combatbase #doingourpart ... See MoreSee Less
We are monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak to help keep everyone at Magic Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu safe and healthy. As you know, grappling is a close contact sport. We routinely clean our mats and equipment with a professional grade disinfectant (KenClean Plus). The Magic staff will be taking additional measures to keep the gym clean, but we need your help to keep Magic a safe environment.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
• If you are sick, in ANY way, please do NOT come to class.
• If you have known exposure to someone with COVID-19 or if you have recently traveled to an area that has community transmission (NYC, Seattle, Italy, etc.), please do NOT come to class.
• If you or anyone you have contact with has a positive test for coronavirus, PLEASE CONTACT THE GYM IMMEDIATELY so that we can take appropriate measures.
• NEW Hand Washing Protocol: When you first enter the academy, please wash your hands with SOAP and water for a full 20 seconds. Please wash your hands thoroughly, with soap, before and after you train, eat, & use the restroom.
• NEW Attendance Kiosk Protocol: Until further notice, avoid using the public kiosk for logging in. We will have an assigned staff member to log attendance. New student prospects will be issued a iPad for entering information and signing waivers that disinfected prior to and after using.
• As always, shoes off while on the mat space, shoes on while in the bathrooms.
More cases of COVID-19 are likely to be identified in the United States in the coming days. Magic Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu will work to keep our environment safe and healthy. We will continue to monitor the situation and as cases rise and the spread area gets larger, cancellation of classes and temporary closing of the academy may be warranted. ... See MoreSee Less